实用场景英语你说对了吗?:大白外教口语天天练
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

Lesson 11 Come on.I didn't mean it that way.拜托,我不是那个意思!

Part 1 Real Life Situation

使用场景

You were talking with your girlfriend.You men-tioned that she doesn't dress in really fancy,expen-sive clothes.

你和你的女朋友聊天时,说她没有穿得很华丽也没有穿得很昂贵。

You wanted to say that you like this about her,but now she's angry.She feels like you're insulting her style.You say this in your defense.

你想表达的是你喜欢她这样穿,而她却生气了,认为你是在侮辱她的穿衣风格,你可以这样回答为自己辩护。

Come on.I didn't mean it that way.拜托,我不是那个意思!

Part 2 Pronunciation and intonation

发音讲解

So,in the sentence,pay attention to the pronuncia-tion of these parts.

在这一句中,注意以下部分的发音:

1.When you say“come on”,make the“on” lon-ger than “come”.“m-on” should not sound like “忙”in Chinese.

1.读 “come on” 时,“on” 的音发得长一点儿,“m-on” 的读音不能跟中文的 “忙” 一样。

2.The/t/in"didn't" is not pronounced.Also,/dn/is reduced to/n/:/ˈdi~n/.

2.“didn't” 中的/t/不发音。同时,/dn/弱读为/n/:/ˈdi~n/。

3."Mean it" should always be linked,and"it" only has the sound/i/left.

3.“mean it” 一定要连读,“it”只发/i/的音。

4.The/t/sound in "that way" is not pro-nounced.

4.“that way” 中的/t/不发音。

Now,let's focus on tone and intonation.

现在,我们重点看看语气和语调。

1.Pay attention to the special tone in "come on",it basically rises and falls.

1.注意,“come on” 的特殊语调,它的发音有起有落。

2.Since you're trying not to offend someone,try to say it as softly as you can.

2.如果你不想冒犯别人,那就试着尽量轻声说出来。

Now,practice,and you will learn to say this sentence like a native speaker.

现在,多加练习,你就能学会像英语母语者一样说这句话了。

Part 3 My explanation

英文讲解

The first expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第1个表达是

Come on拜托

"Come on!" is something to say when you're trying to persuade someone.

“Come on!” 是你试图说服某人时说的话。

Come on!What do you say?等等,你说什么?

Come on,stay for one more round.等等,再等一轮。

You also say "Come on!" when someone is upset or angry,and you're trying to get them to calm down.

当某人感到沮丧或生气时,可以说 “Come on!”,并试图安抚他们的情绪。

Come on.Don't talk that way.Of course I love you.

拜托,别那么说,我当然爱你啊。

Come on.Let's stop fighting,and sit down and talk about this.

拜托,我们别吵了,坐下来好好谈谈这件事。

The second expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第2个表达是:

I didn't mean it that way./I didn't mean it like that.我不是那个意思

Use this expression when someone has misun-derstood what you wanted to say.You should es-pecially say this when you say something in a这个表达可以用于当有人误解了你想说的话时。尤其是当你说了一些友好或者无辜的话,而其他人却因此感到被冒犯时,如:

friendly,innocent way,but someone gets offended by it.Here's another example:

A:You sound horrible.(你说话听起来很吓人。)

B:Oh,thanks a lot!(sarcastically) (哦,非常感谢!) (表讽刺)

A:No,I didn't mean it that way.I meant that you sound like you have a cold or something.(不,我不是那个意思。我的意思是你说话听起来像是感冒了或怎么的。)

The sentences "I didn't mean it that way."and "I didn't mean it like that." are pretty much the same.

句子 “I didn't mean it that way.”的表达与 “I didn't mean it like that.”大意相同。