Lesson 24 I ran into someone I haven't seen in years.我偶遇了一个多年未见的人。
Part 1 Real Life Situation
使用场景
Earlier in the day,you saw someone that you used to know but haven't seen for several years and were surprised.You say this when you tell your sister about it later.
某天早上,你偶遇了一个多年未见的人,为此你感到非常惊讶。后来,你告诉你妹妹说:
I ran into someone I haven't seen in years.我偶遇了一个多年未见的人。
Part 2 Pronunciation and intonation
发音讲解
So,in the sentence,pay attention to the pro-nunciation of these parts.
在这一句中,注意以下部分的发音。
1.These parts are blended:"ran into" "some-one I" and"seen in".
1.“ran into” “someone I” 和“seen in” 需要连读。
2."Ran" has to be/ræn/,not its original form"run"/rʌn/.
2.“ran” 读/ræn/,不能读成“run”/rʌn/。
3.“into” 中的 “to” 弱读为/tə/。
3.The "to" in "into" is reduced to/tə/.
4.Don't make "some" too strong,just a light/səm/.
4.“some” 不用重读,轻读为/səm/。
5.The "t" in "haven't" is not pronounced.
5.“haven't” 中的 “t” 不发音。
Now,let's focus on tone and intonation.
现在,我们重点看看语气和语调。
1.Stress these words:"into" and "years".
1.“into” 和 “years” 重读。
2.As a rule,the phrasal verb"ran into" should have its stress on the last word "into".
2.通常,动词短语 “ran into”中的 “into” 应该重读。
3.Really put emphasis on "years",because you're saying it's been a very long time.
3.强调 “years”,因为你表达的是已经过了很长一段时间。
4.Say it with excitement.
4.以一种激动的口吻来说这句话。
Now,practice,and you will learn to say this sentence like a native speaker.
现在,多加练习,你就能学会像英语母语者一样说这句话了。
Part 3 My explanation
英文讲解
The first expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第1个表达是
I haven't seen ( someone) in years我已经好几年没见过 (某人) 了
Talk about seeing someone for the first time in a long time with the phrase "I haven't seen…in…".
在谈论在很长一段时间内第一次看到某人时,使用短语 “我已经……没见过……了”。
I haven't seen you in over a year!我已经一年多没见过你了!
You use"in years" when you can't remember how long it's been since you saw them,but you know it was more than one or two years.You can use this phrase when talking to anyone-it's not es-pecially casual or formal.
不记得距上次见面具体过了多长时间时可以用 “in years”,通常是多于1~2 年。这句话可以对任何人使用,既不会显得过于随意,也不会显得过于正式。
The second expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第2个表达是
run into ( someone)偶遇 (某人)
This means to unexpectedly meet someone you know or know about.For example:
意思是偶遇某个熟人,例如:
I ran into a few former coworkers there.That was a nice surprise.
在那里我遇到了几个前同事,真是令人感到意外。
You'll never believe who I ran into at the supermarket:Leonardo DiCaprio!
你不会相信我在超市遇到了谁,Leonardo DiCaprio!
A common place to "run into" someone is"on the street".
“run into” (偶遇) 某人的地点通常是 “on the street” (在街上)。
I can't believe I just ran into you on the street like that.What a coincidence!
真不敢相信会在街上遇到你,好巧!
That means outside in a public place,like on a sidewalk.
通常用于公共场合,如人行道。