Unit4 忐忑不安询问结果
这种情景,你该怎么说?
Dialogue 1(实况对话)
A: Hello. May I speak to Mr. Smith, please?
A:你好,我能和史密斯先生通话吗?
B: This is Mr. Smith.
B:我就是。
A: How do you do? This is Wang Lin. I took the interview a few days ago. I am wondering if you have made a decision.
A:你好,我是王林,我前几天参加了面试,想知道您是否做出决定了。
B: I am sorry, we have been working to meet a deadline. So we haven't made any decision.
B:不好意思,最近我们正忙于一项要到期的工作,还没做决定。
A: Do you have any idea when you might make a decision?
A:那你知道什么时候会做出决定吗?
B: I hope by next week.
B:下周吧。
A: All right, thank you.
A:好的,谢谢您。
B: You are welcome. Goodbye.
B:不客气,再见。
Dialogue 2(实况对话)
A: Hello, this is Steven. Is that Mrs. Wang? I'm just calling to follow up about the status of the Personnel Manager position.
A:你好,我是史蒂文。你是王女士吗?我打电话来是想问一下人事经理的招聘情况。
B: This is Wang Ling speaking. You satisfy all the requirements. Congratulations! You're hired.
B:我是王玲。你符合这职位所有的要求,恭喜!你被录用了。
A: I'm very proud to be employed by your firm.
A:我能被贵公司录用实在是荣幸之至。
B: I think you'd be perfect for this job. This company needs someone like you. When can you start working?
B:我想你能胜任这份工作,公司需要像你这样的人才,你何时可以开始上班?
A: Anytime.
A:我可以随时上班。
B: Very good. You will normally be sent an official notification of the results of your interview by post. Once you get the notification, you can come.
B:非常好。关于你的面试结果将照例由邮局寄上正式通知。一旦你收到通知,你就可以来公司了。
A: Thank you for hiring me. See you then. Bye.
A:谢谢你们录用我。到时见。再见!
B: See you. Bye.
B:到时见,再见!
经典句型你会吗?
询问面试结果
1. Does the manager consider me acceptable?
经理是否考虑录用我了?
2. Have you made any decision concerning the position?
面试的结果出来了吗?
3. I am calling to ask about your consideration of my qualifications.
我打电话想咨询一下您对我资格的考虑情况。
4. Is it possible for me to know about the outcome?
我能知道面试结果吗?
5. I am anxious to know when the decision will be made.
我很想知道什么时候出结果。
6. I'm just calling to inquire the status of the Personnel Manager position.
我打电话来是想问一下人事经理的招聘情况。
7. You mentioned that you would tell me the outcome of our meeting by Friday.
您说过会于周五前告诉我面试结果。
8. I wonder if you are satisfied with my showing on the interview.
我想知道你们对我在面试中的表现是否满意。
9. I am anxious to know the outcome of the interview.
我急着想知道面试的结果。
10. When you will give me notice?
我什么时候能够得到通知?
11. I hope I can get a positive reply.
我希望能得到一个肯定的答复。
录取面试者
1. The job is yours.
这工作是你的了。
2. You seem to be fit for the company.
你看起来很适合我们公司。
3. I'd like to offer you the position.
我很愿意把这职位给你。
4. You're highly qualified.
你相当符合要求。
5. I think you'd be competent for this job.
我想你能胜任这份工作。
6. You satisfy all the requirements.
你符合这个职位所有的要求。
7. Congratulations! You're hired.
恭喜!你被录用了。
8. This company needs someone like you.
公司需要像你这样的人才。
9. When can you start working?
你何时可以开始上班?
10. I believe we could use your expertise here.
我相信我们可以运用你的专长。
11. It's glad to be told the news.
很高兴知道这个消息。
12. I'm very proud to be employed by your firm.
我能被贵公司录取实在是荣幸之至。
13. I am very lucky to be hired by you.
我很幸运被你们录用了。
14. Thank you for hiring me.
谢谢你们录用我。
15. It's my great honor to work in your firm.
我很荣幸能在你们公司工作。
被拒绝
1. You're not who we're looking for.
你不是我们在找寻的人才。
2. We're looking for a person who's more qualified.
我们需要更能胜任的人。
3. We need someone with more experience.
我们需要有更丰富经验的人。
4. Your background doesn't fit this type of work.
你的背景并不适合这份工作。
5. We don't want to hire inexperienced worker.
我们不想聘用没有经验的员工。
6. I'm afraid we don't need your services at present.
我恐怕目前并不需要您的效劳。
7. We're hoping for someone whose English is more fluent.
我们在找英文更加流利的人选。
8. You lack the leadership skills which is required for this position.
你欠缺这份工作所需要的领导能力。
9. We need someone who's already known about our operating system.
我们需要了解公司运作系统的人。
10. I'm afraid we will offer the job to someone else.
我恐怕得将这份工作给其他人了。
11. We wish you the best of luck in finding a job.
我们希望你求职顺利。
12. Is it the only reason why you didn't hire me?
这是你们不雇用我的唯一原因吗?
13. May I know the reason why you don't choose me?
我能知道你们没有选择我的原因吗?
14. Can't you give me another chance?
你们不能再给我一次机会吗?
核心单词要牢记
interview [ˈintəvju:] n. 面试
acceptable [əkˈseptəbl] adj. 可接受的,合意的
consideration [kənsidəˈreiʃən] n. 考虑
positive [ˈpɔzitiv] adj. 肯定的
hire [ˈhaiə] v. 雇用
inquire [inˈkwaiə] v. 询问
outcome [ˈautkʌm] n. 结果
expertise [ˌekspə:ˈti:z] n. 专门技术
competent [ˈkɔmpitənt] adj. 能胜任的
职场小贴士
格言
1. I succeed because I willed it; I never hesitated.
我成功是因为我志在成功,绝不踌躇。
2. To know one's self is true progress.
了解自己才是真正的进步。
3. We work to become, not to acquire.
我们工作是为了成长,而不是为了索取。
4. Victory won't come to you unless you go to it.
胜利不会自己走来,你必须去争取。
5. Calamity is man's true touch stone.
逆境是人真正的试金石。