Chapter 3 理一理日常工作
Unit1 布置工作,分配任务
这种情景,你该怎么说?
Dialogue 1(实况对话)
A: Did you call me, sir?
A:先生,是您叫我吗?
B: Yeah. If you are available now, let me describe your work duties, OK?
B:是的。如果你有空,让我介绍一下你的工作内容,可以吗?
A: What am I expected to do?
A:我要做些什么工作呢?
B: As a newcomer, you are going to be responsible for some basic tasks first, including certain routine duties like answering the telephone, typing…Later, you will be assigned to the sales department.
B:身为一个新员工,你必须要先负责一些基本的工作,包括每天例行的公事,比如接电话、打字之类的。日后,你可能会被分配到销售部去。
A: I see. It must be a challenging job, but I would like to do it. And what about now?
A:我明白了。这一定是一个充满挑战性的工作了,但是我愿意去做。那我现在做什么呢?
B: For this is your first day in our company, you can begin with our special products. Before you do your job, it's necessary for you to be familiar with our own products. Sort out theses papers and file them correctly.
B:由于这是你第一天在公司上班,你可以先从了解我们的特色产品开始。在你开始工作前,有必要先熟悉一下我们的产品。分类这些文件并将它们正确归档。
A: OK, I'll get to work on it at once.
A:好的,我现在就去做。
Dialogue 2(实况对话)
A: Hi, Lucy. What are you doing now?
A:嗨,露西,你现在在做什么?
B: I am preparing the quote for a customer.
B:我正在准备给客户的报价单。
A: Please process this document on the computer.
A:你把这份资料用电脑处理一下。
B: Yes, sir. May I know when you need it to be done?
B:好的,先生。我想知道你什么时候需要。
A: Could you finish it by the end of next week?
A:下周末之前能完成吗?
B: OK. I will make it.
B:好的,我会做到的。
A: Then, I believe I can rely on you.
A:那就拜托你了。
B: No problem.
B:没问题。
经典句型你会吗?
布置工作
1. You have to re-do this planning.
这份计划书你要重做一遍。
2. Can you type this for me?
你能帮我打印这份文件吗?
3. Can you send the plan to me before Friday?
你能在周五之前把计划书给我吗?
4. You have to send it to my office right now.
你必须马上把它送到我办公室。
5. Please hand in the document to me.
请把那份文件交给我。
也可以这样说:Please submit the document to me.
Please hand the document in to me.
6. Finish this report today.
今天必须完成这份报告。
7.I need it now.
这东西现在就要。
也可以这样说:I need it immediately.
8. Can you give it back to me this afternoon?
今天下午能交给我吗?
接受任务
1. I'll get to work on it at once.
我现在就去做。
2. It's an easy job.
这不难。
3. I'll fit in with your plans.
我会尽力配合你的计划。
4. I am at your disposal, Mr. Wang.
王先生,我听候您的吩咐。
5. The work doesn't need much effort.
这工作不太费事。
6. I don't mind, as long as you think it necessary.
只要你认为有必要,我不反对。
7. Yes, I will. But I need some help.
好的,不过我需要些帮助。
8. I can manage it myself.
我可以自己处理。
推辞任务
1. I regret to say that it's not possible to comply with your suggestion.
很抱歉不能遵照你的建议办。
2. It's not my obligation to do it.
我没义务这么做。
3. I've got so much to do.
我有好多事要干。
也可以这样说:I have so much to do.
I have many things to do.
I'm tied up at the moment.
4. I can do nothing at that.
对此我无能为力。
5. It's not my responsibility.
那不是我的责任。
6. It's not my duty.
这不是我的职责。
7. It's not my job.
这不是我的工作。
8. I'm afraid I'm not competent to do that.
恐怕我没有能力做那项工作。
核心单词要牢记
mission [ˈmiʃən] n. 任务
assignment [əˈsainmənt] n. 任务
quota [ˈkwəutə] n. 定额
operation [ˌɔpəˈreiʃən] n. 操作
responsible [riˈspɔnsəbl] adj. 负责任的
earnest [ˈə:nist] adj. 认真的
goal [gəul] n. 目标
coordination [kəuˈɔ:diˈneiʃən] n. 协调
run an errand 办事
flow chart 流程图
职场小贴士
格言
1. Real knowledge, like everything else of value, is not to be obtained easily, it must be worked for, studied for, thought for, and more than all, must be prayed for.
—Thomas Arnold
真知如同珍宝,不是轻易获得的,必须学习、钻研、思考,最重要的是必须有强烈的求知欲。
——托马斯·阿诺德
2. If you should put even a little on a little, and should do this often, soon this too would become big.
—Hesiod
伟大的事业是通过不懈的努力,一砖一瓦堆积起来的。
——赫西奥德
3. Reading makes a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man.
—Bacon
读书使人充实,讨论使人机敏,写作使人严谨。
——培根