专题口译:通识篇
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

III.对话翻译

At a dinner party

在宴会上

A: Mr. White, take a seat, please.

(怀特先生,请坐。)

B: Thank you.

(谢谢。)

A: What would you like to drink, beer, wine or Site?

(你想喝点什么,啤酒,葡萄酒,还是四特?)

B: What is Site?

(四特是什么?)

A: It's a kind of spirits, a Jiangxi specialty, but it is a bit strong.

(它是一种烈性酒,江西特产,但是度数有点偏高。)

B: In that case, I'd prefer beer.

(那么,我喝啤酒。)

A: But it is said that it will be a pity if you leave Jiangxi without drinking Site.

(但是一些人说,如果不喝四特酒而离开江西,是一件非常遗憾的事。)

B: Really? OK, I'll take a sip later.

(真的吗?好吧,我等会尝一点。)

A: What would you like, Chinese food or Western food?

(你是想吃中餐,还是西餐?)

B: Chinese food, please.

(中餐吧。)

A: Would you like to use chopsticks?

(你想用筷子吗?)

B: Yes, of course. As the saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Although I can't get along with them, I'd like to learn to handle them.

(当然想,俗话说入乡随俗。尽管我不会用筷子,但我想学着用它们。)

A:因为这是你第一次来到江西,我想给你介绍一些典型的江西特色菜。

(Since this is the first time for you to come to Jiangxi, I'd like to recommend some traditional Jiangxi dishes to you.)

C:你们现在可以点菜了吗?

(Are you ready for your order?)

B: Yes, steamed pork with rice flour, stewed chicken with three cups of sauce, braised pork with dried bamboo shoots, crock soup, and two tins of Nanchang beer.

(粉蒸肉、三杯鸡、笋干烧肉、瓦罐汤,以及两听南昌啤酒。)

C:我马上就把菜端来。

(I'll get the dishes for you right now.)

After the dishes are served

上菜后

A: Please help yourselves to what you like. Let's drink the beer. Here is to your health.

(请随便吃菜。我们喝啤酒吧。为你的健康干杯!)

B: And to our friendship and cooperation. The dishes are really delicious.

(为我们的友谊和合作干杯!这些菜真是诱人。)

A: I'm glad that you like the Chinese food. Have some more soup, please.

(我很高兴你喜欢中国菜。多喝点汤吧。)

B: I'm afraid I've had enough.

(我觉得我已经饱了。)

A: Some more dishes?

(还要点什么吗?)

B: No, thanks. I'm full. Thank you for the wonderful dinner.

(不,谢谢,我吃饱了。谢谢你这顿精美的晚餐。)

A: Don't mention it.

(不客气。)