商务谈判英语 看这本就够了
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

Chapter 12 Alter the Time Frame 改变时间日程

For Your Information

背景介绍

A sixth bargaining chip could be made by altering the job's time frame. A common problem with roofers, asphalt workers or any contractor that travels to a work site is they make promises to start by a certain date and do, but then disappear for anywhere from a day to two weeks.Presumably they return to the job they abandoned to start yours on time, or perhaps to start another job on time as per that agreement.If you want to avoid it, write penalties into the contract, it works.In most cases, simply having those restrictions prevents the problem so this generally won't be an issue, but it could be.

中译 第六个能够用来议价的筹码,是改变合约所需的工作日程。盖屋顶的人、铺柏油路的人或任何必须通勤到达工作场所的人,都有一个共同的问题。那就是他们常常答应你在某一时间开始工作,他们也的确都做得到,但之后,他们常会无故消失一天到两个星期。他们可能会回到工作岗位上,让你的工程准时开工,或准时开始别人的工作。如果你想避免这种情况,合约中注明罚款是有效的制止方式。在大多数的案例中,只要有了这些限制,就可以预防问题的产生,但这并不表示就不用谈判。

Dialog

MP3-32

Making it into a bargaining chip is a good idea. Several things could be done such as altering the start date, the time each day that has to be spent on the job, or the size of the crew assigned to the job.Any of these items could be altered or there could be a combination of the restrictions allowed.Several factors could be called into play, just discuss it and find out what works.

拿这个来当议价筹码是个不错的做法。有好几件事可以做,像是改变工作开始日期、每天的工作时数、工作人员总数这些条件都可以改变,或是你可以设定组合式的条件,将多项因素列入考量,并和他人讨论,找出可行的方式。

Mel:Your provisions in the scope of work section are very restrictive. They don't give me much room to work.

你在工作内容部分的条款很严格,没有给我很大的空间。

Bill:That's why they're there. My client wants to hold the disruption of activity on the site to a minimum.

这就是为什么要将它们列出来的原因,我的客户想要将工作时可能发生的问题减到最低。

These restrictions will avoid the most common problems.

这些限制可以避免最普遍的问题。

But I do have some room to work with you. What do you need?

不过我也还有商量的空间,你有什么需要吗?

Mel:I'd like a day off two days after start up to go to another site.

开工两天后,我得休假一天,到另一个工地去。

They have a start date I have to honor.

我必须遵守他们的开工日期。

Bill:Can't do it. But I'll tell you what I could do.

不行,不过有折中办法。

Mel:What's that?

什么办法?

Bill:We can push back our start date to give you time to fnish that one.

我们可以把开工日延后,等你先完成另一个工作。

Our start and completion dates are wide open. I can move them to any date you like.

我们的开工和完工日都很有弹性,可以配合你的时间。

I won't give you any time off in the middle except for weekends, holidays and weather delays.

但是一旦工程开始,除了周末、国定假日、天气造成的延误,就不准有任何的休假。

Mel:Will you let me cut the crew size for a few of those days?

那我工作期间可以删减工作人数吗?

Bill:Nope, can't do it. That would lengthen the disruption.

不可以,那会延长工期,带来不便。

Mel:I don't see how.

我不懂。

Bill:Your truck takes up three parking stalls and vehicles in the lot have to be moved away from the building to prevent damage. That's the kind of disruption I mean.

你的卡车占了三个停车位,停车场的车辆必须离开建筑物,以免造成损坏,那就是我所谓的不便。

Mel:So if I avoid that, I can reduce the size of the crew?

如果能避免这种情况,我可以减少人数吗?

Bill:That would be okay.

可以。

Mel:If you allow me that, and let me push back the start date one week. Then, we can go with this contract.

若你同意这点,并让开工日延后一周。我们就可以签订这个合约。

Bill:Great, let's do it.

太好了,就这样。

Vocabulary 重要词汇

MP3-33

factor 因素

provision 供应

in the scope of 在……范围

disruption 混乱

avoid 避免

MEMO